Sindhu Mahavidyalaya Department of commerce is a vastly creative and motive part of the Nagpur community that has been contributing to Indian Society by creating awareness, righteous, exuberant and industrious citizens from last 47 years. Since the year 1972 this entity has witnessed not just the passing by years but tremendous growth in infrastructure, courses, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Our past is writ large with the achievements of our alumni in fields as diverse as the corporate world, politics, dramatics, entrepreneurship, journalism, social activities and many more. These achievers will keenly attribute their success to the gurus and all others, SMV students who were and are the sturdy pillars of this institute.
Education today has changed with its fragmentations, diversity and wide variety of choices. It is lot more demanding and intense. Education had always been a resource to be taken and not given. In today’s date and age bookish knowledge cannot be the only measure of education but education needs to be an activity that makes learner more versatile and induces out –of-box thinking. Understanding the need of time we at department strive hard to make each student a matured individual who can learn, unlearn and relearn. For this we arrange guest Lectures from time to time from different fields. We organize industrial tours and educational excursion for the students.
Our commitment to excellence and equity in education includes providing relevant information to all associated with education. Apart from excellence in academic achievements, our department encourages the students for other extra-curricular activities, blood donation camps, NCC and NSS etc. It is our cherished goal to bring about an all round development of the individuals. There is no denying the fact that higher education offers wide range of personal, financial and other life long benefits to the students and at the same time benefits the society at large.
In the department, we inculcate discipline in the minds of the students. Discipline is not doing extraordinary things, but, doing ordinary things extraordinarily through proper action and guidance.
Our staff is our strength, maximum of our staff members are PhD guides, they guide and encourages students and other staff members for research work, they are versatile educationist. Department of Commerce under the guidance of HOD DR. G.G. Rughwani. Institute runs non-grant course of B.Com.
- To impart education to students belonging to different strata of society irrespective of caste, gender, colour or creed.
- To uplift the deprived & academically weak students by empowering them with knowledge.
- To develop social, moral, aesthetic and ethical values among our students.
- To equip & develop essential skills so that they sail confidently with grit, determination and resilience amidst the turbulent currents of change and the stormy waves of life39s complexities & challenges.
- To inculcate reverence for humanity & to fortify high ideals of perseverance, dedication quality consciousness & excellence.
- To build a strong & unflinching character through education for a meaningful existence.
- To prepare citizens who could grow to be competent enough to contribute significantly for the betterment of mankind through their future careers & profession.
- Experienced and dedicated faculty to impart the best knowledge
- 100% Course completion and revision to ensure that students grasps the basics right
- Maximum of staff members are PhD guides and 80% of the staff members have their Doctorate degree.
- Remedial classes and entry into service classes are arranged by the department to benefit the students.
- Inter-college and Intra-college competitions are held timely.
- Reasonable fees that are affordable by common students
- Good Infrastructure to provide overall development of students
- Scholarship Assistance for the needy students to complete their studies
- Extra curricular and co-curricular activities to foster creative energies.
- Group discussion among the staff members and students on current affairs for better knowledge
Certificate Course – 1. Business Accounting Tally Application
Objectives- To equip the students to the basic of accounts and the usage of tally for account purposes. This course will help the students to work with well known accounting software i.e. Tally ERP.9
- To equip the students to create the company, enter accounting voucher entries including advanced voucher, do reconcile bank statements, do accrual adjustments and also print financial statements.
Duration- 60 hrs.
- Certificate Course- 2. Basic Taxation
- Objectives- To acquaint commerce and management students with basic knowledge of Indian Taxation policies, rules and to enrich their knowledge about direct and indirect taxes, tax rates, applying PAN, filling IT return etc.
- Duration- 60 hrs.
- Departmental library – About 40 books.
- ICT and IT infrastructure – Departments is equipped with LCD projector, Compute and Laptop.
- Evaluation – Regular unit test, surprise test, terminal examination.
- Research activity- Faculty members are working hard to enhance research activity of department. Regularly attend and present papers in conferences, workshops and symposiums. Published research papers in national and international journals.
- Instruments and facilities –
- Mentor- Mentee – Teachers regularly interact with students through this scheme and solve their problems.