About department -
Chemistry department was founded in the year 1971. Over the years many staff members with good academic achievement joined this department and with the continuous encouragement of the Dr.Mrs. R.D. Sarkar, Head of the Department and Principals the professional growth of staff members was made possible. Today the department has 90% of the staff members with PhD. degree having research experience in various fields.
The staff members of this department are involved in various activities of University such as senate member, chairperson in academic council, paper setting, syllabus framing, evaluation, moderation and subject experts for various purposes. The staff members have published many research papers in various journals and also presented their research work in international and national conferences. Also some staff members have published books for undergraduate level on various topics.
All the staff members are life members of various associations. One of the staff members has completed minor research project on the topic “Comparative study of UV and solar assisted photo-fenton processes in treatment of wastewater containing refractory organics” and three have submitted to UGC.
One of the staff members is associated with IGNOU and YCMOU as an academic counselor. With the growing experience teachers have introduced new innovative techniques of teaching, learning and evaluation and help the students to become compatible with the modern techniques. Over last three years department is conducting a bridge course for the students of B.Sc. (I) to improve their basic knowledge about the subject.
Department has conducted remedial classes for poor and backward students to help them to improve their academic achievements. Senior staff members of the department have successfully conducted and organized these classes over the years. All the staff members have humanitarian approach and they are ready to help poor students by providing facilities of books, notes and give incentives to the toppers of the subject.
The staff members have passion for teaching and are very much concerned about the all round development of students and to make a platform available to the students the department founded chemical society in the year 2011. Throughout the year students are involved in various activities like model making, power point presentation preparation, posters and chart making, essay writing, quiz and seminar competitions. Through these activities student develop interest and knowledge about the subject and develop confidence in expressing themselves. Guest lectures of experts persons are arranged regularly.
The students at undergraduate level are in the adolescence age. This age is supposed to be the age of stress and confusion. Staff members do counseling and guide them regarding physical and mental health.
The department has a started a certificate course in water analysis from session 2017-18. Faculty members are working hard for the enhancement of research activities in the department.
- Certificate Course – Certificate course in water analysis.
- Objectives – To introduce career and market oriented skill enhancing for job, self employment and students employment. To make the current Indian higher education system more relevant and career orientated with focus on quality and excellence.
- Duration – 32 Hrs.
- Seats – 20
- Read more
- Departmental library – More than 40 books are available.
- ICT and IT infrastructure – Departments is equipped with LCD projector, Compute and Laptop.
- Evaluation – Regular unit test, surprise test, terminal examination.
- Research activity- Faculty members are working hard to enhance research activity of department. Regularly attend and present papers in conferences, workshops and symposiums. Published research papers in national and international journals.
- Instruments and facilities – Laboratories are well equipped with instruments and equipments.